Tuesday 7 January 2014

Colour Correcting (Opening Sequence)

When editing my Opening Sequence I realised that I would need to edit the colour of the shots, this was because the lighting in the market was bright making the scene colourful and happy. This didn't coincide with the theme and genre of my film which is meant to be dark and drama full. To make them coincide I decided to edit the colour. There were many choices on how to edit the clip and I wanted to make sure that each rush I used had the same colour effects otherwise it would make the film look disjointed and wouldn't run smoothly. I used the colour weal as this made it easier to choose the exact colour grades I wanted. It also made it easier to match the colours to each rush. As sometimes the lighting was different when putting the already colour graded fonts on it looked different on each rush. However editing them my self meant that this didn't happen. It also made my film look more professional as the colour grading was less obvious. When choosing what kind of colours I would use I first changed the saturation of the rushes to be less bright and more grey, this already had a more powerful effect as it set up the genre of the film as quite dark and scary. I then used the colour weal to give the rushes a more red feeling as this gave quite a harsh heat but went well with the saturation I chose as it added to the drama of the film and matched the genre better then no colour correcting.






No comments:

Post a Comment