Sunday 16 February 2014

Evaluation Questions- No. 3 (Opening Sequence)

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?






The types of media institutions that would distribute my movie would be mainly British film companies. This is because I wanted to make a British film so using a British film company was vital in getting this aim. The main institution that will invest in my film is Film 4. Film4 is an independent film company that suits my film, as it is not a mainstream one and is British. They generally make a certain genre that fits mien of social realism. As my film is low budget I will need a lot of investors to make the film from outside as well. This could be very difficult as successful British films are a lot harder to make, as unlike America we don’t have the surplus funding. Investors are cautious in what movies they put their money into, as they don’t want to lose it or not make a profit from the investment. Especially since my cast has no big named actors as all were either new or only had a little experience so it would be even more unlikely for me to get any investment. This means that from the outset of making the film it would be increasingly difficult to even make the film as getting the money is very difficult. Another problem with it not being a blockbuster is that it doesn’t appeal to many people. The popularity of indie films is decreasing as they are being made less and the popularity of them is therefore dropping as well. So this would mean that I would also have a problem when the film is made to get people to watch it, so advertising is important as well.


  Although Film 4 will produce my film, therefore, then I will need outside investment to make sure that I have the right amount of funding for my film. An example of the outside investors I would use would be the National Lottery. They invest in indie films which would be perfect for me as I could get more investors and have the famous logo of their on my film. This would be advertising in itself as people know that logo very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment