Monday 16 December 2013

Editing My Opening Sequence (Opening Sequence)

At first I chose my clips I was going to use in my video and added them into the story line. I would cut  them later to make the story Once I had all the clips I needed to start editing them.


I then had to ass sound in. It took me a while to find the right music and I eventually decided on some middle eastern themed music seeing as my Opening Sequence is set in Turkey so it would compliment the film well. It also built tension throughout the instrumental and added again to the action. I also had to edit the sound on the clips as sometime there was too much background noise and had to get rid of the audio 


I then had to edit the audio as on some clips the sound in the background was too overpowering and didn't make sense with what was happening on the scene so I would get rid of the audio on those clips. Or if the audio was too noisy I would edit it so that the sound was quieter like shown in the image below.


As the piece of music was too long and I needed parts of the piece from beginning to end I had to edit that as well and piece them together to work well with my opening sequence. This would make my piece more effective and the music would compliment the Opening Sequence better.


Then I added the title. I decided to add it at the end to show the viewer where the Opening Sequence ended. I decided on the 'Knock Out' title as I believed it added to the drama in the movie and worker well with the genre I was working with. I chose the time that was enough to let the viewer read it but also short enough that it kept to the drama that was left in the previous scene.


 Finally I decided on what will be written during the Opening Sequence. Like the actors and what film companies worked on it to produce the film. I used Lionsgate as the main film company on the film, as   they do films similar to my movie and are a big budget company which is what I was using. I then used my own company- A KB Production- as I thought it would be better and more personal as KB are my initials. The last company I used was said to be "In association with Birdie Films" as they were a smaller contributor to the film. Finally I named the main actors before I let the Opening Sequence play out until the title at the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment