Tuesday 17 December 2013

Why I Chose Final Cut Pro To Edit With (Opening Sequence)

I chose Final Cut Pro to edit with because I think it looked more professional when I had finished my Opening Sequence. This was mainly because it gave a better quality when uploading it to the internet as before when I used iMovie it came out fuzzy when looked up online. Also when comparing my Preliminary Task to someone else's where they had used Final Cut I saw theirs looked better and more like an actual film where as mien looked amateurish, so I changed what software I used when editing so I could get that better look. Thirdly, I also found that when I was editing with Final Cut it had more fonts that I could personalise and better effects, this was extremely useful when I was editing my Opening sequence because there is a lot of action and Final Cut Pro let me heighten the action the way I wanted where as iMovie would have help me back and it wouldn't be as effective. Finally what I found very useful was that when I was choosing what shots I wanted I didn't have to keep deleting them from the bar if they were the wrong length or part of the rush, I could elongate the clip and change it directly. This was also the same when getting what I wanted from the rush, I could select a section of it perfectly. iMovie could do this to an extent but then wouldn't work and I found I had to keep deleting sections and re-picking them to get the right part. This proved difficult when I couldn't find the rush I had used before.

 


So overall I chose Final Cut Pro to edit with as it was a better software that I could get more use out of it to make it look more professional and of better quality. In some respects it was much simpler to use an more efficient in some cases.


When I decided to use Final Cut Pro for my Opening Sequence I had to learn how to use it. Some of the characteristics of Final Cut were the same as iMovie. Like how you would choose what rushes you want and movie them into the editing bar and how you would add the music, credits and the title. However, Final Cut was a lot more professional and had more a variety of fonts I could use. I decided to try and make my own font. When deciding what font to use I wanted to make it match the story I was doing, which was set in the Turkey so I tried to find Araby/Middle Eastern type writing. iMovie would not let me do this and has a limited amount of fonts. This meant that I could personalise evey aspect of my opening sequence.


No comments:

Post a Comment