Wednesday 18 December 2013

Title Font Analysis (Opening Sequence)


When deciding what the title for my film would be I wanted it to be 'statement making' and I realized that to make it effective the font would have to be just as exciting. I wanted the font to match the genre of film tat I was making, my film was a drama and thriller. There were many fonts that I could have chosen from which would have matched my genre. Each one would have added a dramatic edge to the end of my Opening Sequence as they were sudden and effecting and matched my title 'GONE'.



However I realized that a more effective way of making my title stand out was making my own original font. When residing what style of writing I wanted to use I knew I wanted it to match my genre which was a drama and a thriller film, however this provided difficult to find. There were two places where I could find the types of font. The first had brighter already tampered with fonts that would have been easier to pick, but still not as original as I would like.



None of these also matched my genre of film, or they took away from the effectiveness of them and most of them would have made the film seem more comic. Like the 80s one and the Neon which had nothing to do with my film and would take away from the seriousness of the subject. I thin looked at the normal fonts as there were more options and I could tamper with them my self.


After looking through them all I found one that would match the fact that the films as set in Turkey as it was Arabic like writing, my font is highlighted on the second image above this paragraph. I then decided that I would enlarger the font and change the colour and the online of the image to make it more unique and specifically for my movie.



I changed the face of the font to black and the outline to red. This font ran throughout my Opening Sequence as I used it for my credits as well as my final title. This then linked and made the credits fluid throughout the beginning of the movie, thus giving it a more professional feel. However when the final title came on I slightly changed the Face to be red as well as the outline so it stood out more against the black background, as before with a black face and a red outline then the title was hidden and was a lot harder to read. As the title only flashes on it is important that it can be read clearly otherwise the effectiveness of it is missed.



No comments:

Post a Comment