Wednesday 25 September 2013

Preliminary Script (Preliminary Task)



Preliminary Task: Headmasters Office

Int. School. Day
Characters: HEADMASTER and STUDENT
Scene Direction: Student walking towards office, then going in and getting in trouble for smoking in school.

(STUDENT knocks on headmasters door nervously and waits to be told to come in.)

HEADMASTER:
Enter.

(HEADMASTER stands up when the student walks into his office)

STUDENT:
Good afternoon, sir.

HEADMASTER:
Sit down.

(Both sit down on opposite sides of the desk. Student looking scared, headmaster giving nothing away by staring levelly at the student.)

Headmaster:
Do you know why I have called you in here today?

STUDENT:
No, sir.

(HEADMASTER looks angry, and glares at STUDENT.)

HEADMASTER:
A teacher yesterday caught you smoking on school grounds. In the locker rooms round the back of the school. Do you have anything to say for yourself? You know the schools policy on this.

(STUDENT puts head into hands and takes a shaky breath before looking back at the HEADMASTER.)

STUDENT:
No, Sir. I am so sorry I didn't, I don't. I... I'm sorry. It was a mistake, I didn't think anyone would see. What will happen to me? I am so sorry

HEADMASTER:
I think you know the schools punishment on smoking on school grounds.

STUDENT:
Oh

(STUDENT drops head and clasps hands. Trying hard not to cry.)

Scene cuts off.



No comments:

Post a Comment