Saturday 16 November 2013

Inspiration For Opening Sequence (Opening Sequence)

There have been quite a number of other kidnap films, none however set in Turkey so that makes my opening sequence a niche market, so when looking for inspiration it wasn't too hard to find. One of my main inspirations was Taken as this was very similar to mien, the daughter goes on holiday with a friend and is kidnapped. Even though in my film the daughter is taken at a market while there with her family they still have the same concept. It was useful to watch the film and gain ideas for my own and how to make my different so it doesn't seem like a replica of Taken. I also used the trailer for the movie to work out how to build tension and make the viewer want to see more in just a few minutes. This was very useful to do as I got some clear ideas of how i was going to do mien.



Another film I used for inspiration was Man On Fire. This is a movie about an old agent who is hired to be a bodyguard for a little girl, as he is trying to protect her she is kidnapped. This was an inspiration as again in the trailer they made it gripping and made the viewer want to see more. It also gave me more of an idea of younger kidnappings as the girl in this movie was very young and gave me new ideas for how I would present the daughter in my opening sequence and how important it is to show her character before she is kidnapped so that the viewer can be more involved with the film and therefore make it more gripping. I also got an idea of how I would present the parents as they followed their journey as well in Man On Fire. It is important to introduce them as well as then throughout the film the viewer can emphasise with them for the loss of their daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment